Series Title: Evangelizing The Doomed
Lesson Title: The meaning of Evangelism
Lesson Text: Luke 5:27-31, Luke 13:34-35, Exodus 32:7-14
What is Evangelism?
– sharing the word of God.
– What we do to help make the Christian faith life & mission live option
– Happens when the receiver returns to Christ the Christian message & ethic congregation to the world in love & mission. **you aren’t evangelizing until you extend the invitation to accept Christ**
In order to evangelize effectively, we must:
1. Identify with them
2. Agonize with those who aren’t saved
3. Have authority
5 Principles of Non- Threatening Evangelism
1. Display a Christian disposition at all times.
2. Have a willingness to listen & if appropriate counsel.
3. Have a proclivity towards finding a resolution.
4. Willingness to share your faith
5. Have a Reputation as being a Christian, not necessarily religious. *You LOVE JESUS*
6 Keys to winning Souls for Jesus
1. Establish a relationship of trust * Can they trust you*
2. Explain what Jesus means to you, NOT to your church!
3. Make Faith simple (The ABC’s – ADMIT you’re a sinner, BELIEVE he died for your sins, CONFESS them)
4. What’s In it for them (They want to know what’s in it for them)
5. Share the benefits of Christianity but it’s okay to focus on earthly benefits.
6. Press without pushing for a commitment. ( You have to know when to back off)
*Series in August *